Sunday, February 1, 2015

My First Attempt at Making Ube Ice Cream

Ube ice cream is a delicacy most Filipino are very proud of.


Ube is one of the most popular rootcrop in the Philippines. Its attractive violet color and delicious, with a hint of relaxing aroma, add to its antioxidant features. Thus, it is a sought-after tuber for ice cream , halo-halo and dessert makers.

This is my first attempt at making ube ice cream. Since I am quite proud of my accomplishment, I would like to share to you how I managed to cook Ube ice cream despite my little knowledge and skills in cooking. Enjoy!


Steps in Making Ube Ice Cream


First, wash and peal ube tubers thoroughly.


Ube tubers washed and peeled.



Second, slice ube tubers in small portions so that all parts of the tubers are cooked.
Cook the ube tubers for 1 hour or until the tubers are cooked and tender.


Mash the cooked ube sliced





For this mixture, I used pure coconut milk, Nestle Cream and condense milk to taste.
Mix the liquid misture with the crushed ube.  Cook for about 10 minutes or until a little over boiling point.
And voila! Here is my home-made Ube Ice cream.
Delicious!






0 comments:

Post a Comment